Wednesday 11 November 2020

Job or Entrepreneurship ...both are the ways to achieve dreams

     As time is going so fast and the days remaining to stay here in south India and in Bangalore is decreasing gradually, I have already started missing the time spent here. But I have to go back and give my so-called Entrepreneur soul the first chance. I have a few days left for my job,24th Nov 2020 is the proposed date. So in this situation, lots of things working on my mind.last week death of my nearest relative due to corona and also my family and friends were questioning my decision, put me in a situation to reconsider my resignation. So there was a resignation withdrawal process about to commence, but I told them that I was sticking to my previous decision, even knowing the risk of starting a small scale industry in this Covid infested economical situation.

       So during this time, I was having a discussion about Jobs and business with one of my friends over the phone. I was supporting my point of view about entrepreneurship and how more and more Bengalis should join the trend, so he asked if I was opposing doing jobs in government or private sector. He said if everyone was doing business then who will work for the business. That day I had no clear answer to his question. Later couple of other people, on social media also asked me the same kind of question doubting their career. I think this just the difference in the way of thinking. When we are doing business, we take the risk.  Providing a salary to the employee even it is one person, and that maybe only you, is one important thing with other responsibilities. For a job, the responsibility is to follow the commands to carry out the work smoothly. This also required a huge amount of creativity or skills or both. But still, people would complain about how boring his/her job is and there is a definite reason for that. All the roots are connected to our social norm and our socio-economic structure. And our age-old education system creating these structure. Our aim to do any job is to earn money, work gets the second priority. Those who give the work as a first priority gets the money as well. For government job I have seen people are opting for it as it is secure not that they love that job. No one in school is trained to join those jobs. Have you seen many pupils saying that they want to be a Bus-conductor or a clerk in BLRO office or a bank clerk? No there is no training to set up the mindset for those jobs. In the private sector, we sometimes have the privilege to select the job. But for government or public sector most of the people doing those to earn money. In fact, the harsh reality is even if people want to do the job they want to do whether in the public or private sector, but because of the huge population of India, it is really hard to get that. The same thing is applied for education too.I have seen my relatives and my coworkers are working on a domain different from their subject of study. There may be to reason,1.they might not be able to get the subject they wanted to study 2.they might have grown an interest in that domain lately.in the later case, the issue with work anxiety is not there. In business, we choose the path which we want to walk along, for Jobs we don't have many degrees of freedom. In both cases, we face the critical situation but for business, it is mostly our own decision so we don't complain, but for Job, any rise of any unpleasant situation forces us to question about our career choices.

           So the thing is that if it is Job or Entrepreneurship or any other things like arts, music, sports etc all of them have ups and downs. So if someone finds himself in a difficult situation in professional life then, considering the things he likes to do might help. But taking a hasty decision may not be fruitful. The simple mantra is doing whatever you like to do, as long as you courage and a little bit back up. For Jobs, we can explore new arenas within and we can upgrade ourselves if we are enough passionate about our works.

The main thing is passion, whether you are a bank clerk, a software engineer, a writer, a rickshaw puller whatever you are if you like the job, you will be always happy even in difficult situations, Otherwise, find your passion and follow your heart don't think about the outcome much.No one in the world will going stop you. Dream big and try to add some value to society. Another thing I would like to add. These words were said my Late Prof Randy Pausch in his "Last Lecture" and walking down the line for these much years in life, I am realizing those words. It says

“It's a thrill to fulfil your own childhood dreams, but as you get older, you may find that enabling the dreams of others is even more fun.”

help others to achieve their dream, believe me, it will definitely make your day brighter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Consumerism: the vicious circle

“Consumerism  is a social and economic order in which the aspirations of many individuals include the acquisition of goods and services beyo...