Monday 17 August 2020

150 years old, they said

PIC:-The place where I spent my childhood, relatively new construction, wrote a few lines to express my feeling 

This is the room from where I started my journey, my school life. this is the room where I fought for my life twice because of typhoid and malaria. This is the place where I started to make my friends before moving to West Bengal for education purpose. Happy and sad moments, captivated my mind. Now they will remain only in memories.



Pic:-almost 150 years old Grandmother's room.
Pic:-almost 150 years old Grandmother's room. this door will now become the entry point of the memory lane.

        Pic:-almost 150 years old Grandmother's room.Almost gone.

 This room of Grandmother was working as a safe house or shield for me. when I did anything wrong or made any mistake, the only way was to take refuge to "Thakuma"(Grandma), she would shield me from scolding and beating. 
  there was a wooden almirah along with other age-old furniture, where Thakuma used to keep a bottle of Hojmola(a tasty digestive tablet).
we would demand one tablet after each meal.there was a big old Iron chest, which would require two men to open the lid.it was also the room of grandpa (Thakurda)...He died when I was in class 5, was staying at maternal uncle's house at Alipurduar, West Bengal.

impermanence is the only constant thing. if something is created then it is bound to be get destroyed. 

along with these, rooms of my uncles will also be gone and we will have a new modern building for all of us soon. But the memories that I have, the experiences I've gathered, it will sometimes make me nostalgic, sometime that past memories will haunt me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Consumerism: the vicious circle

“Consumerism  is a social and economic order in which the aspirations of many individuals include the acquisition of goods and services beyo...